- 5 years of experience in web development with Computer Science knowledge.
- Enthusiastic OSS developer, primarily in Scala developer tools (formatter/IDE/linter).
- Good at untangling big software and writing maintainable code and documents.
- Cross-functional communicator with empathy.
- Languages I often use
- Languages I experienced with
- Master in Computer Science, Tokyo Institute of Technology (2021/04 - Present)
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Kyoto University (2013/04 - 2017/03)
Google Summer of Code (2021/06 - 2021/08)
Add synthetics and symbol information for semanticdb in Scala 3
- Developed the feature that exports semantic information (SemanticDB) from Scala3 compiler for devtools (such as linter and IDE).
- This work improved developer experience for Scala3 by unlocking IDE features such as
show inferred types, and
- Full report is available here.
Hatena (2017/04 - 2021/08)
Replace legacy monolithic Perl application to Scala
- Presentation slide at ScalaMatsuri 2019
- Revitalized the unmaintainable SNS software by
- replacing core logic using Scala
- re-design the DB schema
- deconstruct the monolithic Perl application to SOA.
- My main contributions
- Untangled big unmaintained software and list up functional requirements and non-function requirements.
- Developed server application using Scala, Go, and Perl.
- Developed frontend using TypeScript.
- Designed MySQL database schema and did database migration using Embulk.
Develop and maintain inappropriate contents detection system.
- Developed a system that helps user-support team to find and deal with inappropriate uploaded content to our SNS (e.g., blog posts, image file).
- My main contributions
- Developed server application using TypeScript, Terraform+GCP (GAE, IAP, PubSub, Tasks, Functions, Datastore), json schema.
- Build admin page’s frontend using TypeScript, React, and GraphQL.
- Construct a simple data pipeline on GCP and analyze data using BigQuery to maximize the cost-effectiveness of the system.
Notable Open Source contributions
- Developed the feature that pickles semantic information (SemanticDB) to improve the Scala3 developer experience.
- Developed various IDE features such as Scaladoc completion, implement abstract members, and Scala3’s completion improvement.
- Made scalafmt’s version configurable, to align the formatter behavior across the plugins (IDE, sbt plugin, and CLI).
- Various bug fixes